Chennai School of Banking (CSB), the Leading Training Institute in Chennai, offers specialized coaching to candidates appearing for the competitive examination conducted by the State Bank of India for the post of probationary officers. Join CSB today to take the preliminary and mains examinations with ease and crack the personal interview round also successfully.
SBI PO Full Form is State Bank of India Probationary Officer exam. SBI PO is a competitive examination conducted by the State Bank of India (SBI) for the recruitment of Probationary Officers (POs) in the bank. SBI PO exam is held annually and is open to Indian citizens who hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
To get eligible for the SBI PO Exam, a candidate needs to pass through various parameters, these include the Educational Qualification of the candidate and Maximum Age Limit to be eligible for the SBI PO Exam
Age Limit:- The candidates should fulfill the upper and lower age limits without fail.
Stage 1:- All the candidates need to appear for the SBI PO Preliminary Examination to qualify for the second stage. After the result declaration of the Preliminary round, SBI will prepare a merit list containing all the categories. Once the merit list is out, SBI will call approximately 10 times more no of a candidate than the vacancy, for the SBI PO Mains Examination.
Stage 2:- All the candidates who got a call letter for the Mains Examination need to attempt and clear to be eligible for the third stage. After the result declaration of the Mains round, SBI will prepare a merit list containing all the categories. Once the merit list is out, SBI will call approximately 3 times more no of candidates than the vacancy, for the Group Discussion / Personal Interview Round.
Stage 3:- Once the candidate completes their SBI PO Prelims and SBI PO Mains Examination and got their Call Letter for the GD / PI will be eligible for this round. Based on the previous performance SBI will select candidates either for Personal Interview comprising (50 Marks) or both Personal Interview (30 Marks) and Group Discussion (20 Marks). Candidates need to qualify minimum marks to become eligible for the Final Stage.
Final Stage:- After successfully appearing in all the stages, the SBI PO Exam organizing committee will finalize the list of qualified candidates who will join the Bank as Probationary Officer.
To finalize the list, the SBI PO Exam organizing committee will convert the SBI PO Mains marks (Out of 250) into 75%. And for the rest of 25%, they will screen the marks got by the candidate in the GD / PI Round (Out of 50).
Once the committee converts all the marks, they will prepare and publish the final list.
Selection will be made from the top list of candidates from each category.
Every selected candidate will receive their Joining Letter from the State Bank of India. They have to backpack and join the allotted branch in the framing time.
Noun, Pronoun, Linking Verbs, Adjectives, Prepositions, Spelling Test, Comprehension, Adverbs, Active and Passive Voice, Fillers, Synonyms, Antonyms, One-word substitution, Comprehension
Number System, Profit and Loss, Average, Time, Speed, and Distance, Time and Work, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Percentage, Mensuration, LCM and HCF, Mixture of Allegation, and Ratio and Proportion
Coding-Decoding, Analogy, Classification Syllogism, Word Formation, Statement and Assumption, Series, Sitting Arrangement, Venn Diagrams, Calendar and Time, Missing Character, Blood Relations, Conclusions and Arguments, Direction Sense Test, Ranking Test, Classification Series Completion.
Data Analysis and Interpretation
Permutation Combinations, Pie Charts, Bar Graphs, Line Graphs, Tabular Graphs, Case lets, Radar Graphs, Data Sufficiency, and Probability
General Economics and Banking Awareness
Micro Economics, Macro Economics, Non-Performing Assets Banking Sector; Roles, Types, Risk, Characteristics Financial Awareness, Basic Accountancy, Investments Risk Market, Oligopoly and Monopoly, Liquidity, Insurance Securities and Exchange Boards.
No. of Questions
No. of Qs.
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
Data Interpretation and Analysis
General/Economy/ Banking Awareness
Letter and essay writing
This is the final stage of the SBI PO exam. Here the shortlisted candidates have a face-to-face interaction with the interview panel of the respective bank.
Being one of the most coveted bank jobs in India, there are multiple other reasons why succeeding in the SBI PO exam is considered in high regard. These include:
Join CSB today for a rewarding career at India’s prestigious bank exam coaching centre in Chennai